All material on this website and the mobile App is made available free of charge for non-commercial individual, academic and research use only.
All material on this website and the mobile App is not intended for any commercial or legal activities.
Commercial exploitation of the maps, datasets, and background material provided on this website, whether in their original form or in maps of data created on this site, is prohibited.
- For the original Bomb Census Maps both weekly and aggregate, permission is required from The National Archives, London, England.
- For the 24 hours of the 7th September permission is required from the Guardian
- For the Imperial War Museum images – permission is required from the Imperial War Museum
- For the BBC history WW2 memories, permission is required as appropriate from the original contributor of the story.
- For the bomb site locations dataset permission is required from the project via the University of Portsmouth
- For the Defence of Britain dataset, permission is required from the Council of British Archaeology.
Maps Created on this Site
Screen shots with the original historical bomb census maps or Defence of Britain locations – cannot be reproduced without permission from either The National Archives or the British Council of Archaeology. You can take screen shots with just the bomb locations as points marked as long as you include the following:
- Bomb Sight by University of Portsmouth is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.